A network for new and aspiring library professionals
The ethos of Manchester NLPN is to create a network for new and future library professionals, a network where, collectively, we can explore and develop our knowledge and practical skills in key areas of the information sector.
Information literacy is at the forefront of all library and information sectors and thus, there is a clear level of expectation for new professionals to have experience in presenting, teaching or training.
At our next event, we will explore the challenges of CVs, interviews and professional development. There will be an opportunity for three attendees to present a topic of their choice either to gain presenting experience or share knowledge with the network. The presentations will be 10 minutes, and delivered at our summer event on 19th July.
- Are you passionate and knowledgeable about an aspect of Library and Information work that would be of interest to early career professionals?
- Do you have experience of working on a project that has enhanced your insight or practical abilities that would be of value to new professionals?
- Do you have practical tips to impart about how you have developed your skills or expertise?
- Have you contributed or been part of innovative service development in your workplace?
- Do you have practical advice to offer from your career trajectory to date?
If any of these apply:
Submit a PowerPoint (or similar) presentation, complete with notes to firstname.lastname@example.org The NLPN team need to receive presentations by Monday 2nd June. We will announce the full Summer event lineup of presenters on 19th June.
Please contact us on twitter or by email if you’d like to discuss an idea before submitting a presentation.